PRIVACY NOTICE - MAY 2018
This Privacy Notice explains how Sente Software Ltd. uses your personal data, how it is collected, how it is held and how it is processed. It also explains your rights under the law in relation to your personal data and the various measures taken to protect your privacy and security.
We are committed towards the privacy of our users, and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here and in a way that is consistent with both our obligations and your rights under the law.
1. PERSONAL DATA
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the "GDPR") as 'any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier'. In simpler terms personal data is any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details but also cover less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data and other online identifiers.
The personal data that we use is set out below in part 3.
2. RIGHTS UNDER GDPR
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights that we will always work to uphold:
a) The right to be informed about our collection and use of your personal data.
b) The right to access the personal data we hold about you. Part 6 will tell you how to do this.
c) The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete.
d) The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we have on our records.
e) The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
f) The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose.
g) The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to us directly, we are using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that where data is processed using automated means, you can ask us for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business.
h) Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. Sente Software Ltd. does not use your data in this way.
For more information about our use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact us using the details provided in part 7.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office.
3. PERSONAL DATA SENTE SOFTWARE LTD. WILL COLLECT
We may collect some or all of the following personal data (this may vary according to your relationship with us):
· Email Address
· Telephone Number
· The postal address of your place of work or the location of where your JMatPro license is used
· Position within the company
4. HOW WILL SENTE SOFTWARE USE MY PERSONAL DATA?
Under the GDPR, Sente Software Ltd. must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may because the data is necessary for performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data, or because it is in our legitimate business interests to use it. Your personal data will never be used for sending unlawful marketing or spam and may be used for one or more of the following purposes:
- Supplying our services to you. Your personal details are required in order for us to contact you regarding all items relating to the sale, purchase and on-going provision of our software and consulting services to you under the contract of sale, and in order for you to access the client area of our website.
- For annual license holders, for whom we do not have a perpetual contractual commitment and as part of the legitimate interests of both parties, we would like to contact you in relation to forthcoming renewals and as reminders where renewal deadlines may have lapsed and to inform you of relevant changes and additions to our products that may be beneficial to you. You will always have the opportunity to opt out using the contact details in part 7.
- Communicating with you. This may include responding to emails or calls from you or letting you know about events that are being offered by Sente Software Ltd.
- As a reference point for your historical and on-going JMatPro® needs and post sales support under the legitimate interests of both Sente Software Ltd. and you the client.- We will always work fully to protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Direction) Regulations 2003.
5. WILL SENTE SOFTWARE LTD. SHARE MY PERSONAL DATA?
Your data will only be shared with our local representatives listed on our website as is appropriate to perform tasks outlined in part 4. Aside from this, we will not share any of your personal data with any third parties for any purpose.
In some limited circumstances, Sente Software Ltd. may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if we are involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
6. CAN I ACCESS MY PERSONAL DATA?
If you want to know what personal data Sente Software Ltd. has about you, you can ask us for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a 'subject access request'.
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal address shown in part 7.
There is normally no charge for a subject access request. If your request is 'manifestly unfounded or excessive' (for example if you make repetitive requests) a fee may be charged to cover our administrative costs in responding.
We will respond to your subject access request within 30 days and, in any case, not more than one month of receiving it. Normally, we aim to provide a complete response within that time however in some cases, if your case is more complex, more time may be required up to a maximum of three months from the date we receive your request. You will be kept fully informed of our progress.
7. HOW DO I CONTACT SENTE SOFTWARE LTD.?
To contact us about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including making a subject access request, please use the following details:
Email Address: [email protected]
Telephone Number: +44 1483 685476
Address: Surrey Technology Centre, The Surrey Research Park, 40 Occam Road, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7YG, United Kingdom